Ang dami-daming pinoy nagtatrabaho sa Dubai airport
I took an emirates flight to nairobi and had an 11-hour layover in Dubai which I mostly spent in a hotel room they provided for free. The room was very nice for a moment i thought of just staying there :-D
But I got hungry and breakfast and lunch were free so I went to the dining hall. Before long, I was talking to this Tanzanian business person who gets supplies of entertainment systems in dbx and sells them back home. I had a longer chat with this californian professor who's on his way to safari in nairobi with his family. As I have gone to Nairobi earlier this year, I gave him some tips. Naks, ang yabang ko o. Explained about my work and he got so interested he wanted to volunteer to whatever. So Im thinking we'll have to recruit him to do lectures in the US on South/3rd world debt and why we don't owe and thus, we wont pay. Nice.
It was 7pm when i arrived in nairobi airport. 2 hours later, I still didn't have my luggage -- 1 suitcase, 1 box of books/resource materials and a backpack of personal effects. Nyikes. Did the necessary paperwork and got on the car that picked me up. Arrived in hotel an hour later with cold dinner waiting for me.
The next day, I met all the participants to this training we were organizing. At breakfast, I got a marriage proposal. As there was still no sign of my suitcase, etc by late afternoon, I asked my "fiance" to take me shopping as I needed clothes. The next day, he took me to the emergency room of a nearby hospital. When I and my enlarged tonsils got out, I wrote in paper "MIchael, do you have your camera with you? It's my first time as a patient in a hospital, can you take my picture?" He ought to have known marriage involves a lot of responsibility. Hihihi.
By mid-afternoon, I was back in the session hall, feverish and flashing powerpoint. Hmp.

(photo by Pansy)

1 Comments:
marriage proposal? hahahah. can't wait to hear about this..lol
Post a Comment
<< Home