Image hosted by Photobucket.com a little messy, but full of love ;-): je ne sais pas parlez francais

Friday, August 10

je ne sais pas parlez francais






i will upload prettier pictures than my hotel did, i swear. But these will have to do for now :-)
my hotel room (yup, not sharing with anyone, boss's room is next door though) looks a lot like the 2nd picture but mine is nicer, loft-type, with day bed in the living room (now full of my mess of course), glass doors open to the terrace to give me a most magnificent view every day and every night :-) if im not in the meeting room downstairs, i can be found just staring into the beautiful space, daydreaming galore.
i got on the plane to dakar from nairobi extremely sick. i was sick on my 2nd day in nairobi and i got sick again 2 days before i left. I now have my own Casualty number in a hospital there. Casualty??? Di ba it means dead??? Hehe. My first time as emergencyroom patient, and it has to be in a country far far away. Graveh. I don't think some of my friends understand how seriously debilitating the pain that tonsilitis brings. each time you swallow (and isn't swallowing a very reflex function of the body?), you die. sabi ng boss ko, yung soft bread lang kainin mo. iyak ako ng iyak kasi di ko ma-explain na kahit walang kinakain o iniinom, masakit talaga, huhuhu. i was fighting so hard to keep a stiff upper lip but the night before the flight i just cried and cried. Naawa tuloy ako sa boss ko. She knows I know how to take care of myself but at the time, I must have seemed too hopeless. Eh hypertensive din sha. And her blood sugar was up 3x. We were 2 pinays sick in afrique, hehe.
When we got to Dakar airport, our ill selves waited for 2 hours for our visas (our fault, we didnt send passport copies soon enough waaa) and also had to convince them to let us pass through even though we left our yellow cards (proof of yellow fever vaccine shot) back in Manila.
So it really seemed like a real treat when we found ourselves in this unexpectedly fancy hotel. When I saw the view, my mute self screamed silently ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod! water! ocean! beach! boats! Next door, however, my boss exclaims "Di kaya tayo ma-tsunami dito???" Wahahahaha. Yes, thats how different we are :-D
Today's my 3rd day here and I am well. The doctor in nairobi, having seen my tests now, have sent a message that there's no infection (daw). Pwede ba yon???? But anyway, that's probably one of the reasons why I willed myself to get better. That and the universe and GFs' get well wishes :-) My boss says at breakfast "you must be really feeling better, youre eating and you talk a lot." Haha, natuwa din sha Im sure.
This be my post for now. Im off to more meetings, and romancing French Africa. I love this place. I want to be back for vacay. My Kenya post will have to be another day as there's so much to say about that and the people who loved me there :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger roar dare say...

oh my, dd. naawa ako sa yo. huhuhu. naranasan ko rin ang tonsilitis, and yes, it hurts man.

glad that you're fine now. your hotel looks really lovely...

mwah,

rudie

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home