Image hosted by Photobucket.com a little messy, but full of love ;-): Where in the world

Wednesday, July 7

Where in the world

Would I move a million miles away for Love?

Inspired by Pansy's recent post, I drafted a long one about romance and friendship and love. But i don't know, it's too revealing,too lengthy and then again, not quite comprehensive so I hesitate to post it. Maybe next week when I feel like breaking that working-relentlessly spell cast by our 3-day board meeting. For tonight, ill just attempt a shorter, more direct answer :-)

If Love is a man. Hmmm. I don't know. I might move if I can, when the man is actually where I want to be at. Where I can find things to do on my own. where i can flourish. Where I set out to be in the first place. If not, then I'll stay where I am and hope to someday go where my aquarian lust for life and adventure takes me :-) Then again, who knows, I might 'end up' married with children and living a comfortable life in the province or in a desert. Waaaahhhh!!! Hehehehe.

Actually, it has never entered my mind (I don't know but it just didn't) that I might or might not move to another place because of another person. (Friends, correct me if im wrong :-D) I did not go to the same high school as my grade school bestfriends. I was not conscious of my reasons then. Non-conformist was a concept still alien to me at the time. Graduating in highschool, I told this guy (first serious crush, ka-MU of my life) that I'm going to Manila to study so that I could be away from him. He couldn't see the logic. Haha.

I've had 2 long-distance relationships in the past. I could have moved to be with them (uh, not @ the same time) but I could not (and still can't) imagine myself living a happy, juicy, life in the province. There's not a lot of places I would trade the manila jungle for.

Another reason could be that I haven't loved any man more than I love my friends. (Hmmm, i think this is the first I actually thought this.) (and if I don't move for friends, what will make me move for a guy? Uhm, some of those cold nights spent alone in bed? Hehehe) Oh sure, I do fall in love, head over heels, with that dreamy look on my face, wanting to spend moments and more moments with a 'romantic' partner. Much as I hate to admit it, hehe, I have extended myself for a guy in the name of love. Have daydreamed of sharing a place for longer periods (every weekend, or 4 times a week?). But nothing on permanent geographical arrangements.

It's not that I find moving someplace for someone a shame, or such a sacrifice, it's just that I am always imagining myself going places, lots of places (in the future) and meeting new people, making new friends. Surprisingly, asking a special someone to move with me is not part of my daydream. Maybe I really just secretly like the tragedy and romance of long-distance loving? Yikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home