Morgaine said hello
“Oh mother, I’ve had such sadness.”
So says the heroine of a favorite book. She’d been away for years and her life had been difficult. They meet again and she is comforted.
Oh mother, I’ve had such sadness, I long to say to you now.
So begins an impromptu letter I thought of sending my mom today. Josephine with her many sorrows. I long to tell her about my own. Josephine with her incredible strength and overflowing love and kindness. I long to thank her for her inspiration. But my tears got the better of me and I postpone the note for some other day. Perhaps for mothers’ day.
Then she sends a message. The seamstress is done with my clothes. Part of my summer wardrobe ;-)
Today is my parents’ wedding anniversary (and Vic sotto and Vivi’s ate valen’s birthday :-D ). It’s been 9 years since my father passed away and Josephine says “I miss him very much!” Awwww.
So enough with my sadness for today.
Cheers to my mom!
Cheers to the love my parents shared.
Cheers to the way they showed it.
Cheers to the universe that gives it. ;-)

(photo by Pansy)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home