:-(
Nagtitimpi me: do you know that Lex is dead?
Smiling, as though pleased, Paulin said Yes, I saw this morning.
Me: did you change the water again?
His eyes seemed to twinkle when he said: Yes, last night.
Me: You shouldn’t have! I already told you there’s a proper way to do it. There’s a formula!
Paulin: yeah, yeah, but you don’t change the water.
Me: Because there’s a certain way to do it, and it’s not your fish!!!
Paulin: yeah yeah but you don’t change the water.
Aaaarrrgggghhhhh! Nakakapikon ang bilatibay kong housemate. Kaya tumahimik na lang ako. As in deafening silence sa bahay, kaya nagkululong na rin sha sa kwarto nya. Hmp. Kaya minsan, ayaw kong maging nice eh, kasi di ka siniseryoso. Ilang beses ko nang pagsabihan na wag nya pakialaman ang fish bowl, pero lagi pa rin nyang ino-overfeed si Lex. Ilang beses ko na sinabi na ako lang magpapalit ng water kasi ang ginagawa nya, pinapalitan nya completely, eh siempre maninibago ang isda, magugulat sa bagong living condition, mag a-adjust na naman. Naiinis ako sa tono nya parang lalakeng nang-di-dismiss ng rants ng babae as though irrational. Gago sha. Sarap sapakin.
I can’t believe I only had him for 2 months and now Lex is dead :-( :-( :-( He’s a fighting fish! He’s supposed to live forever! :-( I don’t know what to do. I will miss talking to him. I will miss waking him up. Because he responds to his name, I swear. I don’t think I can get another fish just to replace him. There can’t be another Lex. Not anytime soon, anyway.

(photo by Pansy)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home