happy birthday heart! :-D
dettedette, hindi mo lang din alam kung kanino galing, pwede bang akin na lang yang flowers mo?
hehehe. thank you for the beautiful flowers, whoever you are. Some officemates enjoy guessing but I said I won't really bother figuring out who it is, it must be from someone who just wanted to give and not wait for my thank you. (I do hope he doesn't expect a thank-you.)
for years now, i didn't really actively find ways to greet people a happy Valentine (well, except my mom) because i thought it too corny when i reached college (i found a lot of things corny at the time). I guess I didn't want there to be a day for lovers as I was always against the suggestion that "romantic" relationships is superior to friendships. And I especially do not like for such a day to serve as the ultimate time to measure each other's love. Love is anytime and all the time.
I always believed that it's the capitalists who win on Valentine's Day but now I think about those wonderful, laugh-out-loud Valentine night outs I have spent with friends, sometimes, with a lover, and I think about how happy I made my parents with the greeting card I gave to them as a child, the valentine notes exchanged with highschool friends, and the beautiful flowers that came as a surprise and today I am touched by sweet greetings from friends and family and i have to say, Love is a beautiful thing, I give love and I feel loved and Im a sorry soul if i let Valentine's Day ruin that for me. So, Happy V! i love you all-- then, now and always ;-)
A friend sent a message this morning greeting me and quoting an astro reading for Aquarius: Manufactured holidays aren't your cup of decaffeinated herbal tea, but consuming a few vegan chocolates doesn't make you a conformist, does it?

(photo by Pansy)

1 Comments:
He? DD, but what if it came from me??? teehee
Post a Comment
<< Home