He showed me this book from his lover about the one hundred and one ways to show your appreciation for your loved one. The book asks "Have you told your special someone I love you lately?" and then proceeds to give examples about what to say like “I love the way ….”
I asked my friend, so, have you told me you love me lately? The friend exclaimed, but you’re not my special someone! Hahaha. But of course. We are “just” friends. We’re not lovers. We don’t have sex. He’s homo. Im het. But I should be special! Hahaha! Because I take the time to listen to him, to talk, to argue, to agree, to understand. To have lunch and dinner with, to philosophize things with over tea. To laugh with, to find him cute, to be entertained by him. I should be special because I see him. We see him. :-D
But he doesn’t see that. Hmp. Obviously the lover means so much more to him, even when they only see each other once every two years and even when they don’t really get to share everyday joys and frustrations, and the rain that depresses him. (But of course they must also be good for each other, and happy with the things they do share.)
I just think it would be nice if he starts to see us, his girlfriends as more than incidentals in his life. That it would be great when he realizes that he has lots of friends, who are with him, who cares about him, who see thru his flaws, who love him and defend him, and we miss him and the kind of joy he brings when he’s not being stuffy. Hehehe.

(photo by Pansy)

1 Comments:
baw makahilibi man ba. indi ko ka inchendi ngaa indi mo gusto mabasa. daw ka gentle man kag ka tender. tani mabasa.... kung wala gaulan o di kaya indi tam-an ka init sang panahon. o di kaya kung bago ligo o busog. hehe.
Post a Comment
<< Home