There and Back Again
I had a very well-spent vacation. Bacolod is now again Home to me. I want to go back every month. I am happy for the times I spent with mother dear and the darling nephews and nieces. I am enlightened and enriched and encouraged with the conversations I had with my mom. I miss her already. The night before I left, we both couldn't sleep. I knew she worried about me. Having to ride a boat and stay in the beach just a week after the tsunami. But there was no tsunami in Boracay. Only the Germans. Hehehe. We were four, sometimes five and we all had "serene" fun for 3 days and 3 nights plus 1 brazilian morning ;-) So that by yesterday, flying back to manila, i felt almost excited to go back to work. and really work. I could imagine myself sitting @ my desk, filing, researching, emailing with much pleasure. Of course, the boss just had to ruin that professional patriotism the moment she saw me and expect me to apologize for being 1 & 1/2 days late. Hmp. By 10pm, working overtime, i was wishing to go home and not come back for days.
but I missed my officemates. Some of them. And they looked like they missed me too. There were screams of surprise and delight (and whats your pasalubong???) but lest I be accused of having had a grand vacation while they were trapped in a day-long meeting a day earlier, all they got was my sweetest smile on my weary face. (I shall not bring a giant backpack to the beach again.) Should I even mention that my ex-crush was the first face I saw when I opened the door? He dropped by for a meeting and he made pa-cute. So i guess he's really an ex-crush because it didn't matter more than 10% that i wasn't in my best appearance -- i looked like a rag, haggard and sleepy.
I missed my bed. I longingly embraced it and spent 7 hours with it last night. Never mind that some scattered clothes and stuff were wanting to share space with me. :-) I missed my apartment. While I was away, Ivan suddenly turned into a fengshui master. so now there are dried flower petals strewn in the middle of the living room and my clay fish chimes have been un-hung because it's not allowed in the career corner. I guess feng shui also commanded him to finish up my chocolate-almonds? Hehehe.
Today I feel fine. Not too special. I am just the right amount of sleepy, pretty and troubled. Busy, lazy and broke. Sexy, hungry and plump. Happy, lonely and cool. ooh. I could go on and on like this. I am sensual and yet unfeeling. I feel detached. Or is it that I am attached to nothing and no one? Today, I read more on the tsunami victims, i attended a protest action this morning, he crossed my mind a few times, i wished i were in bacolod, i still want to go to brazil, i daydream again of a parallel life, with him. But I am calm, cool and collected and I shall go home early and fix my soon to be house of fengshui-ed harmony. :-)

(photo by Pansy)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home