breathing lessons
my esteemed psychic tells me that i am drowning. in too much emotions. like the water level is up to my nose and im having a difficult time breathing. that there's too much cold energy inside me. that it would help if i dont judge my emotions as good or bad and deny these 'bad' feelings that i have and suppress it in the pit of my stomach.
what is the proper way to grieve?
this is a stupid question, of course, because we know (dont we all?) that it works differently with different people. but some days, and on this particular issue of mine, i really wish i could find the rules and study them and attempt to follow.
i am almost panicking. what do i do? usually i just hang out with fun people, laugh galore, sing galore, sit in a (yellow) comfortable chair and sip cafe' mocha, sometimes staring into space, sometimes listening to other people's stories; or spend the whole day in bed, with the radio set not in my usual channel, or play vonda shepard. though im an air sign (and supposedly, relatively more detached), it can't be said that i ignore my feelings, my sorrow. because i talk them out with my closest friends. or withdraw from their company and go off somewhere by my lonesome. But I always like to feel good, and can anyone blame me if I try to forget the sad and painful and enjoy the bright side of life?
I think I know how to grieve. But I doubt myself now. Maybe there's really that one thing one has to do. but it escapes me at the moment. tsk.
Oh well. Swimming, anyone? :-)

(photo by Pansy)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home