Image hosted by Photobucket.com a little messy, but full of love ;-): Peace, please.

Monday, February 20

Peace, please.

Rosey Cheeks and I had so much fun attending a love-filled wedding last Saturday. We kept alternating between "If i ever get married, I would...." and "I don't think I'll ever get married because..." We stayed at the far end of the Church, [the easier to escape to reception banquet ;-)] singing, giggling, observing people, taking pictures, etc. When the choir started to sing Lead me Lord, we allowed ourselves to be touched. After high school, weddings and baptisms are the only times we get to hear religious songs and we both agreed that it's one of the really few things we appreciate from our Catholic "upbringing". :-D

I remembered this song and Im glad I still know how to sing it.

If there's one more gift
I'd ask of you Lord
It would be peace
here on earth
as gentle as your children's laughter
all around, all around

your people have grown weary
from living in confusion
when will we realize that
neither heaven is at peace
when we live not in peace

grant us serenity
for the confusion
that surrounds us
are mere reflections of
what's within, what's within

If there's one more gift,
I'd ask of you Lord,
It would be peace
here on Earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home